Mahabaleshwar is a famous hill station in Sahyadri range of Maharashtra. This large hill station is situated at an altitude of 1372 meters above the sea level and due to its high altitude the town has a cool climate and offers many pleasant walks. This hill station in Satara district with one of the few evergreen forests in India and it served as the summer capital of Bombay province during the British Raj.
Mahabaleshwar is very famous in Maharashtra and in the whole country as there are many look out points which offer spectacular views of the surrounding hills and valleys. This hill station is visited by many tourists every year and this hill station is one of the favorite tourist’s destinations and it’s a perfect spot to relax and enjoy honey and strawberries and especially during the summer. Besides plenty of spectacular views boating, horse riding, golf facilities, fishing spots, trekking trails and pretty waterfalls are present and the town is full of points that are worth to visit.
Favorite point in Mahabaleshwar
· Arthur’s Seat – Arthur’s Seat is a famous point of this hill station and it is named after Sir Arthur Mallet who was the first person came here and it is said that he lost his wife and daughter in an accident on this point. From this point you can enjoy the beauty of nature as well as the mesmerizing waterfalls.
· Kate’s Point – The point gives you the freshness and warmth of nature. The point is located to the east of Mahabaleshwar and famous for its view of two reservoirs Balakwadi and Dhom. This point is named after Sir James Malcolm’s daughter Kate.
· Wilson Point – This point is named after Sir Leslie Wilson and this point is the highest point in Mahabaleshwar at 1439 meters. This is the only point from where you can see both sunset and sunrise and offers spectacular glance of Mahabaleshwar in all directions.
· Bombay Point – This point is very famous in Mahabaleshwar and the most crowded place where people gather to see the sunset. The point is known as Bombay point because it is located on old Bombay road.
· Elephant Point – The cliffs which overhang form this point resemble an elephant’s head trunk. The walk from Lodwick point to elephant head is very tranquil and serene. The point is very beautiful and one can enjoy beautiful scenery from this point.
There is many more point located and famous in Mahabaleshwar that is visited by number of tourists every year and also plenty of panacies of different colors at the edges of deep valleys.
How to Reach?
· By Road – The nearest major city is Satara which is 55 km from Mahabaleshwar. Buses runs by MSTRC are well connected to this city with the rest part of the state and private buses are also available to and from this hill station.
· By Train – The nearest railroad is Satara which is 58 km away and this station is well connected to all the parts of the state. Numbers of trains are available to and from this station.
· By Air – The nearest airport is Pune International Airport which is 120 Km from this city.
Where to Stay?
Mahabaleshwar is the favorite destination of many tourists and number of tourists visits this city and therefore hotels are in very much demand. There are number of hotels available that ranges from budget to five star that provides excellent facility to their guests. But it is always advisable to book hotels and lodges in advance because number of hotels always remains booked and you have to wait until other room is available. Most of the people opt for cheap hotel and there are number of budget hotels in Mahabaleshwar and some of them are popular for providing good facility.
Mahabaleshwar is the place you cannot miss while visiting Maharashtra and I would suggest once in lifetime visit Mahabaleshwar it’s beautiful.